"You' ve got A WISH"


“Hey.. you have a 'WISH' “I said was with my friend sitting in a CCD.
“What?? What I have??” He asked.
“Arey!! A 'WISH' “ I answered.
“What?? Whats that?” he asked again.
"Offo!! You dont know what a 'WISH' is?? Ok.. I ll explain..” I said picking up that small, feathery eyelash that was fallen just below his right eye. I felt like a small kid carrying a butterfly in her hand, all so careful and full of excitement to show it to her friends..
I continued“Look.. THIS is a WISH” that eyelash was on my forefinger tip.
“Well.. whats the point?? can you explain further??” he had a sarcastic tone, but I was too involved in explaining him what that 'WISH' was.
I continued ,“Well.. they say..”
“Wait.. who they??” he interrupted.. he wanted everything to be specific, he was a tech-guy after all..
“Hmmm.. 'They' means.. people who believe in this concept of 'WISH'” I had to explain him in a very technical way as he was someone who could not understand anything unless and until its said clearly.. 'NO AMBUGUITY PLEASE' must have been his slogan..
“Ok.. any specific instance or its jusst a abstract group of people?” he asked for more.
“Its just a group of NORMAL people, I dont know if they are abstract or not..” I said.
“Hmmm.. You continue..” he finally allowed me to explain.
“Well they say..If you have a wish in your heart that you REALLY REALLY want it to be true and you find a fallen eyelash which is called 'WISH', then you gotta close your eyes and make that wish in your mind... and blow the 'WISH' (eyelash) to the wind” I said all so excited thinking of he making a wish...
“So?? what happens if you do so??” he was still not convinced.
“Arey that wish will come true.. Now dont let your wish go waste.. make a wish, make a wish.. any wish that you want..” I literally had to force him to make the wish. But by the time he made one wish, the wind had made one..
He was laughing at me as I was little upset for he not utilizing the 'WISH', he asked.
“Niveditha, do you really believe in this concept of 'WISH'?”
“Well.. I Dont know” I said reluctantly.
“'I dont know' was not an option” he was forcing me to give an answer..
“I know its really weird.. but..” I was thinking for an answer as I really didnt know what I believed in and what I didnt, what I liked and what I didnt.. I was confused.. I continued..
“I know its weired.. Its not that I really believe that the wish will come true.. But whats wrong it trying??” I asked him in full confidence.
“Trying?? Trying what??”he was looking into my eyes.
“Trying in this 'WISH' thing.. See.. even if there is 1% probability of the wish coming true.. why not take a chance??” I said turning my eyes down. .
“1% ?? you think there is 1% probability of this thing to be true??” he stressed that '1%'.
“Ya.. why not??see anyways that 'WISH' I mean that eyelash is fallen and is of no use.. So why not use it in this way?? atleast you will be happy for sometime thinking that your wish will come true”I asked him in full confidence.
“Niveditha.. one doesnt need this fallen eyelash to make his wish come true, one needs to put all his efforts, give it to the fullest he can to make it true” he explained.
“Ya.. I know, I know.. I m not telling that I ll make a wish and sit quite.. Even I believe in what you said.. but sometimes even if you give all your 100% you have a fear of loosing it. There is little uncertainity,there are always some 'what if??' kind of questions.. and concepts like 'WISH' will help you to overcome those fears and move ahead and give your fullest,forget the uncertainty for sometime atleast. Anyways look.. that 'WISH' I mean that eyelash will also feel good that it was also a part of making somebodys wish true wat say??” I winked my eye to him.
“what?? Eyelash will fffffeeeeeellllll something??” he was disgusted.
“Yes..It will feel 'aaj mera janam sarthak hogaya' he he he” I wanted to make the moment light.. so was making some fun and was trying to drift off the topic.. but he was not willing.. he said..
“Niveditha, When your giving your 100% and calculating all the risk factors and planning accoringly then there is not fear of failing.”
“welll.. not always... If what you said was true then why till today you dont find a single zero-defect application/code?? there is always a little uncertainity associated with every wish, everything you do.. right??” I asked him back.
“I dont understand.. I mean how can you believe in such a stupid thing??”
I wanted to finish the topic.. I was angry now.. I said..
“look we both are in 2 different verticles of life and we both have two very different dimensions. So even if I sit and explain you this you ll not agree with me.. and trust me.. my intension here is NOT to convince anybody.. I follow few thing and I follow.. If you dont want to follow leave it.So lets stop this discussion here.. I m very hungry.. hmm.. I ll take a 'DevilsOwn' with chocolate sauce and one black forest” I had to take a breath.. I had spoken a long sentence..
“Well.. ok.. as you say..” he said and went to put the order..
Finally I took a sigh of relief!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Rajesha said...

chennagide..... thumbaane yeldideera ansuthe.....
Adre, nimma barahadalli, yaavaglu ondu hosathana iruthe... adu nange tumba ishta aaytu....

Rajesh, Mangalore
Abu Dhabi

Baba Gaanjadhaari said...

Sadly i don know Kannada. btw im waitin for bhubaneswar part 2.

Sandeepa said...

ತುಂಬಾ interesting..!!

btw, ಇದ್ನ ಕೇಳಿದೀರ?

Coffee Dayನಲ್ಲಿ ಕಾಫಿ ಕುಡಿದಾದ ಮೇಲೆ ಕಾಫಿ cupನ ತಲೆ ಮೇಲೆ ಒಂದ್ಸರಿ ಇಟ್ಗೊಂಡ್ರೆ ಮಳೆ ಬಂದಾಗೆಲ್ಲ ನಿಮ್ಹತ್ರ ಛತ್ರಿ ಇರತ್ತಂತೆ.

ಶುರು ಹಚ್ಕೊಳ್ಳಿ..

harsha bhat said...

well nivz....
if this is a true incident then let me support HIM!!!
coz u ARE like that...cmall shilly things make the biggest and best things happen?? ahem..i don believ...and u very well know why i'm serious about the content and context in this post than the style of writing or the other ARTISTIC part!!!
ahem..good writing!!

Jagali bhaagavata said...

sitting in a CCD....
CCD ಅಂದ್ರೆ?

’we both have two very different dimensions..’ ಅಂದ್ರೆ? ಉದ್ದ, ಅಗಲ, ಎತ್ತರ..??? :-)

Niveditha said...

@Rajesh
Well.. thanks..

@utkalaputra(sunny)
sure.. I ll surely put up something on Bhub..

@alpazna(sandeepa)
well.. thanks.. gottiralilla.. male bandaaga neneyode ishta aagiruvaavaru enu maad bekante??

@harsha..
Arey you dont have to take anything in the post seriously.. but ya.. these things are stupid.. y not be stupid sometimes??sometimes atleast?? Just for fun.. absolute fun..wat say??

@bhaagavata
Bhaagavatare.. CCD stands for CAFE COFFEE DAY.. and by dimensions i mean dimension of thots(of course)..

Anonymous said...

Good niv.....I liked this article of you very much......It really carries the arguement betweeen fantacy and absolute reality......Very nice.....Its real that people always differ in dimensions and verticles of thinking ....and resonance occurs very rarely.....all the best